31 enero, 2014

Biker dwarves

Hello everyone!
 
I am sorry I have not been updating lately (I also need to fix the blog's looks a little).
On one side, I am very busy with many things, but also, regretfully, my body still won’t let me do anything close to proper drawing; so I am mostly doodling and "concepting", and I find it looks rather silly to only share those.
 
But I was speaking to Dwalin the other night and, I don’t know how, the thing ended with the decision that our whole Company needed to get leather jackets (I recall making an early edict about suits, and then call us all Thorin’s Thirteen). Then Grimma asked if we were making a biker gang and… Well. Then Dwalin made me #majestic sunglasses for my avatar.
So at some point, yesterday, while doing my research, this appeared at the side of a page.
 
#bootPride

Fundin bros.

ponytails are cool
 
They come with a bit of a story that you can find in my tumblr. Surprisingly my brain has put a lot of effort on this while I was not paying attention...
 
The drawing was just a simple fast way of translating the concept with no other pretention.
 
I pictured Dwalin as being one of this mature bikers with wind-burnt skin and full of tattoos. In fact, under the spiky jacket, he only wears a leather vest to show as much of his skin as he can. He would wear a bandana (matching with his brother), to protect his bald head and every accesorisable item will have spikes and skulls.
Balin, who showed up as a surprise while I was trying to upgrade the spikiness of Dwalin and fit some fur on Thorin’s jacket on a second sketch, would be like the missing member of ZZ Top. All of them will have shades, but I only tried fitting Thorin’s because Dwalin gave them to me.
 
Thorin needs to be impressive in a way that he still feels impacting after having 12 bikers stepping in your house. So I decided that his outfit should be minimal and more elegant as a whole, as a contrast with the rest of the company: all black and royal blue, a little fur and very efficient. And he MUST wear a ponytail.
 
 
 
Until next time,
☄ Leticia