06 abril, 2013

You, you alone will have stars as no one else has them...

The Little Prince is turning 70 and, even if I am still deprived of all my drawing tools and in the middle of writing some essays, I didn’t wanted to let it go without posting something. It is a very special book to me.

a vast expanse of darkness
 
To avoid misunderstandings, allow me to point out that this is not a quote from the book but from something I wrote. There is a quote of the book in the background though, one that always make me tremble:

“All men have stars, but they are not the same things for different people ... But all these stars are silent.
You-You alone will have stars as no one else has them...
In one of the stars I shall be living. In one of them I shall be laughing. And so it will be as if all the stars will be laughing when you look at the sky at night.
You, only you, will have stars that can laugh! And when your sorrow is comforted (time soothes all sorrows) you will be content that you have known me... You will always be my friend. You will want to laugh with me. And you will sometimes open your window, so, for that pleasure...
It will be as if, in place of the stars, I had given you a great number of little bells that knew how to laugh”

My Little Prince entries in this blog:
The  rose garden.
A sky with no starts.
Ephemeral.
A song in a letter.

Until next time,


ღ Leticia

No hay comentarios: