05 febrero, 2013

Impressions IV (Fantasía)

One of my favourite places in the world is a certain toy store.

Before leaving home this September I visited them and found that they were preparing something in the basement, so when I came back for Christmas y went to the store and asked the owners (who are really nice people and love their job) if their basement was open already.
 
I was taken downstairs to a cosy little room where a lot of costume materials seemed to be charmingly stored, then the bright clothes cramped on a hanger were moved aside a little and I was asked to get through them. I pushed my way in and found myself in a dark room. I waited for a moment in perfect darkness and an enchanting music began to play, following the music, a tree began to glow in the middle of the room, revealing corners filled with all sort of amazing objects, doors, passages and mysterious shadowy places.
I am not going to tell you what was there (I don’t want to spoil the surprise if you ever have the chance to visit the place), but I took pictures with my phone of some details which I will be sharing and this and a couple of upcoming posts.
 
 
tea


a table set for a party by a mysterious host


surface and depth
 
 
I really like this place and it enchants my heart every time in a way that kind of soothes it.
It echoes the amazing skill we are all born with, but that  we often lose with time, of living through open questions, of embracing a shadow that is the condition of possibility for awe, which is where the existential seriousness of playfulness relies. “Grown-ups” often take this for childishness, or confuse playfulness with messing things up, but “grown-ups never understand anything by themselves and it is rather tedious for children to have to explain things to them time and again”.

Until next time,
ღ Leticia
 
 
P.S: This is what I was listening at while adjusting these pictures.
 

No hay comentarios: