24 diciembre, 2012

Adeste fideles.

Felix Dies Nativitatis

This is a  little Christmas post to share such a dear date with all of you who let my smallness move you and give part of your time to this blog. Many blessings to you and your loved ones.


this is my favourite villancico, delightfully sang by Enya

Adeste, fideles, laeti, triumphantes,
Venite, venite in Bethlehem:
Natum videte Regem Angelorum:

Venite adoremus, venite adoremus
Venite adoremus Dominum.

En grege relicto, humiles ad cunas,
vocatis pastores approperant.
Et nos ovanti gradu festinemus.

Venite adoremus, venite adoremus
Venite adoremus Dominum.

Aeterni Parentis splendorem aeternum,
Velatum sub carne videbimus
Delum Infantem, pannis involutum.

Venite adoremus, venite adoremus
Venite adoremus Dominum.

Pro nobis egenum et foeno cubamtem,
Piis foveamus amplexibus:
Sic nos amantem quis nos redamaret?

Venite adoremus, venite adoremus
Venite adoremus Dominum.

This is a close picture of my family´s Christmas tree, which is very dear to us.

maybe the stars have fallen on the ground as golden dew in disguise
and that is why the skies are so silent

I love our Christmas tree. Every year my family takes a whole day to decorate our house and we do the tree together, listening and singing Christmas carols. For us it is not a mere ornament, we are all very aware of the meaning of the tree for the festivities and we make it full, all gold and red.
When I was smaller I used to lie under its branches for hours, and watch its shine from the inside. It feels like a deep inside-universe of jewel fruits and warm glow in this dark season. I wanted to share a little of that feeling with this picture.


This is the angel of our glass Nativity scene.

this angel looks like silence sounds

You may know that in some countries there is the tradition, stronger than the one of the Christmas tree, of setting Nativity scenes during all the liturgical period celebrating the born of Jesus Christ. For that reason, this is a very important part of the Christmas decorations. We bought this Nativity scene some years ago because I saw this angel lost on the shelf of a store. When I asked about it I learned that is was part of a beautiful whole, so we took it home.
I will probably show you the rest of it in the coming days, but tonight I want to share with you the angel only.

I think only Sartre, in his Bariona, has ever thought of what tonight might have meant for the angels. And it gives a whole different light to how the angels came to us and how they told us what was going on.

God bless, dearly,
ღ Leticia

No hay comentarios: