11 diciembre, 2012

A song in a letter 

Something lovely happened today.

I got an email from an admirer (that person self-described as such) of my Little Prince pictures. This person linked me this song, saying that the lyrics reminded him/her of what I wrote in The Little Prince, the rose garden and in The Little Prince, a sky with no stars.


B612
 
stars fall, birds sleep
I think of you
I hum to myself a song for you
how far I've come away from you
to find the everlasting
teardrops softly float in the universe
I lost my way
but I remember...

the way you call me
the way you surround me
the way you breath
when I look up to the sky
only you
just only you
now I can see the way to you
so I'll return to where I belong

spring comes, roses die
I dream of you
whisper me a sweet lullaby you used to sing
how many dawns and dusks have gone by
enough to know what I found
deep sighs sadly ring out the universe
I lost my way
but I remember...

the way you smile
the way you cry
just the way you are

the way you kiss me
the way you touch me
the way you look into my eyes so gently

the way you call me
the way you surround me
the way you breath
when I look up to the sky
only you
just only you
now I can see the way to you
so I'll return to where I belong

I remember...

 
I am not very fond of the singer’s voice and neither of the official video, but I have to say that I really liked the lyrics. They even have some indirect quoting of the book, like the “you, only you”, which is from the “you, only you, will have stars that can laugh!” that the little prince says to the pilot before departing forever.
And it is a lovely coincidence that Chouchou means butterfly, which makes me think of what the rose said before the little prince departed forever (?).

I am posting this as a thank you to this lovely person who went through my intrincate writing and made me smile widely today.

Until next time,

ღ Leticia

No hay comentarios: