Someone close to me asked me to draw them portrayed as a My Little Pony character.
Inspirations and references:
- Flower fantasy ponies (year 10) but simplified: single colored mane and single colored body, covered with a floral pattern.
- Eye symbol included after the new G3 ponies. The face shape might have some influence from here too.
- The cutie mark is composed of wild daisies and loose pearls.
- Spike comes from the original cartoon series.
It was really hard to find a stable reference of him because the cartoon drawing keep changing his proportions and the level of details (like presence or absence of claws), so I ended up drawing him the way I liked better; I’m not sure the similarity is enough but he looks nice.
- The Bushwoolie here is my favourite one of them all. Its great moments take place at MLP: The Movie on which he helps Shady to look for Baby Lickety-Split during the Smudge attack. I liked a lot the way he got all serious and concerned about the weirdest things and his alternative way of thinking. He is simply too adorable for drawing any other Bushie.